Monday, January 26, 2015

Brussels Sprouts with Quinoa and Pomegranate

I adapted this recipe from Thug Kitchen. They use cranberries, but I had some leftover pomegranate seeds that I needed to use up, which I think worked out better. I'm a bit remiss because I don't remember the exact measurements that I used for everything, I just eye-balled it. 


Quinoa, about 2 cups cooked
8oz brussels sprouts, halved
Seeds from half a pomegranate
4 cloves garlic, crushed
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Handful of silvered almonds 
Salt 
Fresh ground black pepper

Take some pre-made quinoa, or whip some up in a rice cooker. Next, take 8oz of brussels sprouts, halve them, and roast them at 400 degrees in copious quantities of olive oil, sea salt, and 4 cloves of crushed garlic. When the brussels sprouts are beginning to brown around the edges, remove from the oven, and toss with the quinoa, pomegranate seeds, and almonds. Next, add lemon juice, additional olive oil, salt, and pepper while mixing thoroughly. Keep tasting it until the seasoning seems right. You can serve this hot or cold with virtually anything. 




No comments:

Post a Comment