Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Comfort Food


I grew up in a time and place where meat and potatoes (plug a veg if you were lucky) constituted a "proper" meal. Sometimes I still need that kind of food for its comfort and familiarity, so today I made BBQ seitan, one of my favorites. I used store-bought seitan (definitely not as good as homemade), and cooked it in the oven for 40 minutes at 350 degrees after basting it with BBQ sauce. I really like the sweet BBQ sauce, but you should use whatever you prefer. I served it with curly kale, which I sautéed in olive oil with some minced red onion, garlic, salt and a splash of red wine. The potatoes were roasted in a baking pan with plenty of olive oil and salt for 60 minutes, also at 350 degrees. I'm really looking forward to eating the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment